Junior PHP Developer
We’re looking for a highly motivated Junior PHP Developer to come and join this growing, industry-leading team.
Who we are
Mageinn is a leading digital agency that specialises in creating bespoke eCommerce websites. Our speciality is long-term relationships where long-term developments are key to success.
From day one, we’ve prioritised three things: be happy, be brilliant an deliver big results. By following those simple principles, we’ve built lasting relationships; and grown year-on-year. Success has been possible because we hire talented, ambitious people then let them flourish.
Who we’re hiring
The development team is expanding and we’re looking for several junior php developers to join us. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of web projects, each challenging you with their unique technical problems.
This role isn’t just about code: you’ll be involved throughout the project lifecycle, collaborating with our talented team of developers and designers. We’ll provide support, feedback, and guidance so you always have the skills and confidence to produce brilliant work and grow into an important member of the Development team. This role would suit someone either recently graduated or with a few years experience.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Write efficient PHP code to our high standards
- Ensuring your work is thoroughly tested
- Collaborate with the project managers, designers and other developers to ensure the client’s requirements are met
- Collaborate with Front-end Developers to integrate front-end applications
- Work with QA Testers to resolve backend bugs
- Contribute to project planning and estimates
- Support our office and community projects
The main requirements of this role:
- Good understanding of OO PHP
- Experience with command line actions and tools
- Understanding of development principles and patterns
- Experience with at least one of the major frameworks (Zend, Symfony, Laravel etc…)
- An eye for details, with an appreciation of quality
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A genuine desire to be constantly learning, and sharing new practices
And you’d get some extra points for:
- Knowledge and experience with Magento 2
- Experience with Magento 1
- Experience with Composer
- Server administration/DevOps knowledge
- Contribute to open source and community projects
- Competitive salary and progression
- Flexitime and homeworking
- Your choice of hardware and software
- Personal development budget and long-term development plan
- Plus: healthy snacks, beer fridge on Fridays, plenty more…
How to apply
Send your application to [email protected] with:
- An explanation of what attracts you to the position
- A CV emphasising your relevant experience
- Examples of your work, ideally on GitHub